Tuesday 15 June 2021

Table mat information.

 This week we skimmed and scanned a book called killer quakes.

Skimming is being like a airiplane and looking for keywords only. Scanning is being a helicopter and stopping on a paragraph when seeing information.

First I put in a title on and put in keywords from the book we read killer quakes we read 10 pages of this book.

Then I attributed the photos and difined one keyword from each box, they were earth plates and tsunamis earth plates are slabes of rocks and a tsunami is a big wave of water that goes many times.

Then I put in knowlege I already about earth quakes into the prior knowlege box.

Lastley I filled in Questions box and key word questions box. These questions were for what we wanted to ask and why they happend. Key questions are what the author would have needed to think about when writing.

I like this activity but finding keyword questions about earthquakes was hard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.